Saturday, May 15, 2010

Back in Business!!!!

Yea!!!!! I received a very fun and long a waited package from Fed-Ex today.....our new laptop!!!! No more trips to the library or my sister's house to check email. And.....I can finally blog again!!! I thought I would fill you in on a few things that have happen since my last post.


A short trip......

I was able to take an over night trip to Amish Country with Lee. We had such a great time together, but I have to admit....there were a few times that I looked at Lee and told him I felt like I should be doing something. What did I do with all my time before Reese came along?!?!? Oh, that is right....I was in shape, my skin was taken care of, my pedicures always looked great and I never had regrowth or a grown out hair cut. I wouldn't trade being a mom for all the things I use to be able to do, but it would be nice to have some spare time for just me :) We stayed at a really nice hotel. Here are a few views from the hotel's balcony....breathtaking!!!!






We shopped at some of the many, many shops and we ate some of the best food ever!!! My favorite thing to shop for there is fabric. They have a few good shops, but I really lucked out when we stopped at my favorite shop. They were having there annual anniversary sale and the whole store was 30% off. It was like Christmas morning....all that designer fabric and it was all 30% off!!!! Lee was very scared when he saw the sign. I lucked out and found some fun striped knit fabric in the clearance section for $2.50/yd. plus 30% off. Here are a few of my fabric finds.....

I loved this fabric the second I saw it....definitely love at first sight! I bought enough for a shirt or dress for Reese and a skirt for me. I am thinking of using this pattern from YCMT for Reese's and am planning a shirred waist skirt for me. I am planning on pairing Reese's with some new yellow pants (more an them below).


I also found these two fabrics and bought them for me...yes, fabric for me and not Reese. I haven't decided what I want to make out of them. Maybe a fun, girly apron or a skirt or maybe even a shirt....any suggestions????




Sewing.....


I found this cute dress at Carter's outlet. I was so happy to find such an adorable dress at such a great price...only$12 plus I used a coupon and saved 20% off my entire purchase. I looked and looked for a cute pair of yellow pants or leggings. I was getting a little annoyed...then it clicked.....I can make a pair. I bought some nice, bright yellow knit fabric. I must admit that I was nervous as soon as I had them cut the fabric. I haven't really sewed with knit, but I was determined to try. I think they came out great. Knit is definitely a little tricky, but anything you try is different at first. I am ready to tackle more knit projects now!!!!






Mother's Day......


Lee had to work on Mother's Day but we still had a fun and very busy weekend. My mom came up to visit Saturday morning. I cut and colored her hair. Then we met up with my sister and her 3 kids and had brunch at Bob Evan's. Later that day we went out with some of Lee's family. On Mother's Day morning, Lee surprised me by going into work a little late so he could make me breakfast in bed. I actually decided to sneak into Reese's room and cuddle with her in her new big girl bed. She loves it as much as I do. We all had a yummy breakfast in her bed. It was so fun!! Lee also surprised me with my very first apron. It gets even better!!!! It was a Vera Bradley apron....love love love VB!!! It was actually my gift from Reese. Guess I better hurry up and make her an apron so we can get our bake on. Lee also bought me a nice, simple pair of white gold hoop earrings. I was able to have lunch with my MIL and Reese and spend the rest of the day with my peanut. I am so blessed and love that I am a mother!!!

Here are our annual Mother's Day pictures. Unfortunately Reese wasn't very cooperative and Lee was in a rush to get to work on time. I still love that I will have them for years to come......

What did you say, Daddy.....


Telling mama a story......
OK we will just settle for a kiss.....




Reese's 1st sleep-over....


I have had my friend's two little ones since Tuesday. Luckily we were able to get Reese into her new bed in time for them. Addison was able to sleep Reese and Graham camped out in Reese's crib that we moved to my sewing room. I figured I wouldn't have time for any sewing since I would be keeping up with 3 instead of 1......how do you mother's of multiple kids do it!?!?! I guess is would help if they were spaced a little more apart in age, but wow...am I exhausted!!! There mom & dad will be home in the morning. Hopefully, my house will look less like a tornado blew through it! I think Reese talked Addison's ear off the first night, but it got much better after that :) Here are a couple pictures of Reese and Addison at bedtime.

A little playing around......


and LOTS of laughs......



I can't wait to capture many more sleep-overs!!!!



Sorry for the long post...but that's what happens when you have to go so long without posting a blog. I have been working on getting Reese's room finished and it is slowly getting there. Hopefully I can get more done after we are back to normal. Hopefully the big post will be very, very soon!!!!








4 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you are back on-line. I've missed you! Ok, lovin' everything in this post. So nice that you and Lee could get away by yourselves for a little while. And those knit pants you made are darling. It's on my to-do list. I like this top for you, out of those green fabrics. http://www.youcanmakethis.com/info/womens/Amelia-Tunic-Shirt-Women-and-Junior-Sizes-6-Sizes-in-all.htm

    And your Mother's Day pics are so beautiful! Love the flower in your hair and your darling outfit. So happy you had such a wonderful Mother's Day.

    Three kids is definitely a handful, but you get used to it pretty quick. What a blessing you were to your friend so they could have a break.

    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angel! We are finally back to normal but with a little one that has a cold....sigh. I have eyed that top before...it would look really nice out of the Amy Butler fabrics and easy to make too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! I can't wait to read more. And I love hoe your Liberty of London shirt looks on ya (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for being back on!!! The pic of Reese kissing you on Mother's Day is SO sweet!!! I love fabric sales - FUN FUN FUN! The green floral fabrics are super sweet - I vote apron ;)...or skirt! Grace has that same Carter's dress and I love the grey & yellow together! I paired it with a striped knit ruffle pant and it was so cute. Check it out here:

    http://littlepumpkingrace.blogspot.com/2010/03/davins-first-birthday.html

    I love knit ruffle pants - Grace has a bunch in different color combinations - they look super easy to make so when I finally tackle knits I'll be giving you a call for some tips! HA HA HA

    P.S. Can't wait to see Reese's room - the sneak peek from a few weeks ago is killing me :)

    ReplyDelete