Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sweet Vintage 3rd Birthday Party





I know I am over a week late, but I had a good reason.  I have been enjoying some time away with Lee and Reese.  I started to write this post several times while we were away, but each time I sat down I had heavy eyes.  We are safe and sound back home with suitcases to unpack and laundry to wash.

Now onto Reese's Sweet Party.......



I had a lot of fun planning this sweet party for Reese's 3rd birthday.  I have to admit that it wasn't what I originally planned.  I had another theme all worked out and had even started buying a few things.  However, Reese figured out that her party is all about her and that she is the one who gets to pick out the cake.  She insisted on a princess cake, Cinderella to be exact.  I am so not into character themes, so I came up with (talked Reese into) the idea of a vintage inspired Cinderella Barbie cake.  From there, I decided to use vintage sheets and sheet scraps for the rest of the decoration.  I was really happy with the result, and I am so proud of myself for not going over board and stressing myself out (and believe me I could have stressed over a few things).
I went more simple this year.  I only decorated the dining room, only made the desserts(ordered pizza) and deciding to skip on favors (my family could care less for the small touches). 



Bunting made out of vintage sheets.  I am going to put it in my new sewing space to brighten it up.


I use an old framed print for the back drop of the dessert table.  I spray painted the frame pink, removed the glass and covered the print with a piece of vintage sheet.  The aqua "R" is from Reese's room.  I used aqua mason jars (thanks to my mom and dad for letting me have them) to hold fabric pinwheels.  I filled the jars with candy and wooden spools of thread.


Cake bunting made from vintage sheet scraps.  Lee requested a Ho-Ho cake, and it was one of the big stresses-I have made it numerous times, but the top layer decided to break into 3 pieces and fall off.  I was running to Target to get eggs and bake another layer at 11:00 and the party started at 1:00.  It came together in time thankfully!




Reese made it very clear that she wanted pink cupcakes with sprinkles to put on the cupcake stand (found at Macy's).  I made the pinwheels out of paper and glued a cute, little button in the middle. I then attached them to sucker sticks.




A big thanks to Aunt Denise for making Reese's Cinderella cake.  She was so thrilled when she saw it for the first time!







Cute vintage cards.  The one on the left was from me and Lee.  The one on the right was from my sweet friend, Jessica




Jessica also made Reese an adorable hat.  I LOVE it and it makes my heart smile every time I look at it.  She sells them if you need one :)



Reese was beyond thrilled with this little chick that came with her hat.  She kept sneaking it off the table every time I turned my back...Thanks for a special treat, Jessica!  Reese loved all the fun, girly thing you picked out Miss Grace!

Lee and I, as well as the grandparents, bought Reese this play house. Lee and our friend, Kevin, worked all day the Wednesday before the party to put it together.  It was sooo hard to keep Reese out of the back yard for 3 days.  It was totally worth it to see her face when we showed it to her before her party.  Thanks Uncle Kevin!



Also, Papaw and Mamaw brought this fun blow up house for all the kiddos....it was a huge hit!  Thanks Papaw and Mamaw!!!



Happy Birthday Sweet Reese.  I am so glad that you enjoyed your party...even if it wasn't what I had planned orginally! 

1 comment:

  1. Soooo sweet! Especially love the cake bunting! So glad Reese liked her little goodies! Love the pic of her holding the chenille chickie :) Happy 3rd Birthday, Miss Reese!

    ReplyDelete