Monday, August 30, 2010

Suggestions Anyone....

I am in full swing with making Reese's fall clothes. I pretty much have ideas figured out for all the projects so far (well, except for the projects I keep adding to my to-do list). Does one little girl really need all these cute outfits....I think so!!!! Anyway, I am stuck on one of the fabric I bought. I love the fall feel of the fabric, but am having a hard time committing to a design. It doesn't help that everytime I get an idea, I can't seem to find cordinating fabrics. The purples in this fabric are impossiable to match!!!

Michael Miller Brown Pet Deer:




Michael Miller Lavender Lolli Dot:




I am considering using this pattern from YCMT. The dress length. I thought it would be cute with a white long sleeve shirt underneath and paired with a pair of brown corduroy ruffle pants I already made her.



But, I would love to some how incorporate this adorable deer embroidery pattern by Tasha from alittlesweetness with "oh deer" added to it. So cute!!! Maybe an aqua patch with the embroidering on it....or maybe too much????

Any suggestions?????

4 comments:

  1. Oh, how I love Tasha's designs!!! Could you get away with a small embroidery on a pocket on the side of the dress? I would do a white square pocket. For the embroidery, how about the deer with the blue bow and omit the other stuff except for maybe a couple of mushrooms? Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same deer fabric for my little girl :) Making a skirt out of it and appliqueing a deer on the shirt. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really have any other ideas for the fabric, unless you wanted to make some ruffle pants out of the fabric, and then a shirt with the cute deer embroidered on it? Not sure if you are set on doing a dress, though. Either way, that fabric is adorable and I am sure you will make something fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To add the little deer, you could stitch it onto a circle of fabric (personally I would go with a white-ish/linnen one) and applique it to the bottom LH side of the dress. You said the purples are impossible to match in the fabric... did you try the green? Just wondering. I am in awe that you would stitch a whole wardrobe - I still have to learn to master my sewing machine!!! All the best with it all :)

    ReplyDelete