Friday, August 27, 2010

Enjoying Summer

Wow...It has been a month since my last post. We have been busy busy busy trying to enjoy the little bit of summer that is left. We have made two trips to Michigan to enjoy a weekend with friends, spent most of the hot days at Soak City, went to Cedar Point with Lee's family, with stood the stomach flu (me) and now on the second cold for Reese and trying to put a dint in my fall sewing to-do list.

One of the trips we made to Michigan was to spend some time with our good friends that flew up from Charlotte for a family reunion. I was so excited to get to see them since it has been almost 3 years since last time we all saw each other....which means they have never met Reese. Reese was in love with Rylee (our God daughter) almost immediately. It might have help that Rylee gave her a couple new outfits right after they met and Reese gave Rylee a fun upcycled t-shirt dress I made for her :) Every girl loves new clothes. We had a great weekend at their families lake house. Hopefully we will get to see each other again much sooner then 3 years!

Here is a picture of Reese and Rylee (the best I could get since they were so busy getting to know each other). Reese now prays for Rylee every night during her night time prayers (so sweet).



We also had a great time at Cedar Point with Lee's family. It was such a fun day but so very long...12 hours of walking to be exact! Reese did such a good job with only taking a half hour nap all day (she normally takes a 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hour nap). We all passed out in exhaustion at the end of the day, but we all had such a good time making memories!!!
This is Lee with his mom, brother and sister. How did a 4'11" lady have such tall kids!!!???


The kids enjoying the rocket ride.....one of the many rides they enjoyed over and over again.....




Enjoying the Peanuts 500 with aunt Denise after I had more then enough of the ride....thanks for stepping in Aunt Denise!
I was so happy that Reese was excited to meet Snoopy and some of his friends....she is normally not very sure of them. We also took a break from the heat and enjoyed Snoopy on Ice.

I can't believe summer is coming to an end. I love fall, but unfortunately it goes by much to fast here in Ohio....then comes the SNOW....oh how I dislike snow!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for a new post...HA! That first picture is so sweet...both girls have such pretty eyes!! Glad you guys have had a wonderful summer! I'll trade you some of my heat for some of that cooler weather *wink* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're enjoying you're summer-milk it, girl! I must say I'm a bit jealous of those 2 1/2 hour naps :)

    ReplyDelete