Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Christmas Goodies....3 weeks late

Yes, I do realize that Christmas was over 3 weeks ago, but I still wanted to share a few Christmas goodies!!! I have been busy busy since Christmas (more on that later). Reese had such a fun time this year. She understood most of what was going on and knew that Santa was visiting us(and was sooo excited about it). The one thing she asked Santa to bring here over and over again was a Rapenzul dress. She LOVES Rapenzul and also loves to tell us about Rapenzul throwing her hair down daily.....I am loving this age!!! Don't worry, Santa pulled through!!! Reese ended up with tons of fun dress-up costumes!

Reese was so excited to leave cookies and milk for Santa. Of course, we had to leave a special treat for the reindeers as well. The excitement soon left after she realized the cookies weren't for her to enjoy...hehe





Christopher Pop-In-Kins is to thank for me being so busy. Christopher is Reese's elf who hid in a new place every night from the weekend after Thanksgiving until Christmas morning(his final hiding place....in the tree of course). Reese had so much fun finding Christopher's new hiding spot each morning. It was also nice for mom and dad since Christopher watched to make sure Reese was being good daily....and yes we did use this as leverage a few time. Christopher took all of Reese's daipers with him on Christmas night when he went back to the North Pole. So, as you can guess, we have been in full swing potty training mode since the day after Christmas(and it has been a loooonnnggg 2 1/2 weeks and we are still tackling the pooping part...sigh). Any suggestions are greatly appreciated :)



I shared a sneak peak a few days before Christmas of some the things I sewed. One of the projects I tackled a week before Christmas was bedding for a fun bunk bed for her dolls that Maga bought for Reese. Kerri from lovely little handmades and sew deerly loved put together a fun scrap pack(and boy was it full of some yummy fabric). I love how the bedding turned out. Here is Reese right after she opend it on Christmas Eve.


I like the quilts so much that for a minute I was tempted to keep them all to myself...until I realized they would be in my house for me to admire daily (but the next quilt I make will be all mine!!!).


I also made a mattress for each bed using a few layers of batting and some fleece I had in my stash. I sewed up a cover, slipped the "mattress" in the cover and stitched up the opening. Of course, every doll needs a fun little pillow... with a hedgehog patch!



I was hoping to give free motion quilting a try, but my machine decided to take a dump on me right before all of my Christmas sewing. My sister was so nice to let me barrow her machine. Since it was a different brand then mine, I didn't have the foot I needed for the quilting. I was also a little out of my comfort zone with a different machine, so I decided to let a local quilt shop do the quilting. My favorite is the coin quilt (the one on the left).

Santa (aka the hubby) also left me some yummy goodies as well. He left this adorable new camera strap cover from knittybitties in my stocking. It pays off to leave lots of hints I guess...hehe. I am also loving this strap (love her new hand embroidered patch option too) and also have been wanting to make a strap from this tutorial...I love Lindsay..such a sweet gal! There are so many options of camera straps. I think I could make one to use for each month of the year....hmmm...maybe this would be a good thing to add to an etsy shop when I ever get up enough nerve to open one!!!
Lee also suprised me with a new necklace. I love to get gifts that I didn't pick out but is so me. Didn't he do a great job!
AND....drum roll please....Santa (aka hubby, mom & MIL) really surprised me with....
A NEW SEWING MACHINE.....EEEEKKKK!!!!
Let me introduce Miss Jane........

We are still getting to know each other but I am so excited to start some new projects!!! More on the new projects in another post!!
Yes, Santa was so good to us this year!!!















1 comment:

  1. LOVE the adorable quilts you made for Reese's dollies!!! Lee did great with the key necklace =) And I love the sweet hand embroidered patch on the camera strap...hmmm...now I want a new one! LOL, as if the 2 I have weren't enough already. A girl can wish, right?

    ReplyDelete